FOFA #681 – Project Christian

Mar 5, 2008 · 54364 views

Christian V Siriano on the Feast of Fools podcastChristian wins!

I was overwhelmed by the emotion of seeing our very own Christian Siriano win Project Runway. Was there any doubt in anyone’s mind? Congratulations Christian- you deserved it and your clothes looked STUNNING.

To celebrate, we’re reposting this “Best Of FOF” interview we did with Christian in January, when it wasn’t so clear the outcome of the contest.

Pop open the champagne!

[Originally posted on January 11, 2008.]

Snip snip! The gayest television show on right now isn’t Ugly Betty, it’s Project Runway on Bravo! The Emmy nominated reality series showcases 12 or more fashion designers compete with each other to create the best clothes restricted by time, materials and a theme.

Giving the viewer a great perspective on the anxieties and challenges of being a working designer in any field, Project Runway is right now one of the hottest shows on television.

One of the most talked about contestants is Christian V Siriano, our featured guest on todays show!

Christian V Siriano on the Feast of Fools podcastKnown for being the youngest contestant on the show as well as for his unrestrained opinions and asymmetrical haircut, Christian brings a lot of pizzaz to the show.

Join Marc Felion and me, Fausto Fernós as we talk with Christian about the challenges of being in a reality-tv show competition, finding inspiration as a designer and if there was any sexual tension happening behind the scenes.

Christian’s “cupcake” dress on Project RunwayJust what is Tim Gunn REALLY like? Was Christian really fighting that much with Matty over the chocolate brown prom dress? How does he cope with the stress?

If you see Christian walking around the streets of New York City, don’t ask him who won. Because fashion week is in February, the producers of the show waited to decide who the winner is during that time despite the current series being filmed in July of 2007.

Do we think Christian made it to the top three? Will he win? We certainly hope so! Be sure to check out his personal website with tons of images of his fashion designs. Photos of Christian V Siriano by Brad Walsh.
Be sure to check out Project Runway on Bravo every Wednesday, 9pm Central, 6pm Pacific.

Out of the closet but always in fashion- Feast of Fools.

Paper or Plastic – Best of Luck to Cody James!: iTunes | CD Baby | MySpace

RSS FEED | SUBSCRIBE ON iTUNES
CONTACT US DIRECTLY

Comments

1. Cliff Dix says:

Congratulations Christian. Great job. Can not wait to hear you again on Feast of Fools.

2. BrettC says:

Congrats Christian! You are an amazing talent, and I expect to see some FIERCE designs coming to a store near me soon.

And damn you Fasuto Fernos! I haven\’t watched this yet because I was too busy reading the FOF message boards. You ruined it for me with your way too timely updates. I was just about to watch.

3. RcktMan says:

I was seriously overcome as well.

Christian really pulled it out, and he handled everything SO well. Competitively and creatively, there were a lot of great things happening… and the fact that Christian pulled it off in lieu of the fact that everyone ELSE was so talented, really means a lot. CONGRATULATIONS CHRISTIAN!!!!

I have to say, I\’ve watched Project Runway since day ONE, season ONE. A lot of people have said that this season of Project Runway was \”boring\” because there was so little drama between the contestants. We didn\’t have a Wendy Pepper or a Santino Rice to spice things up, for instance. I say it was the BEST season EVER. And if you ask me, the fact that there was so little drama and that everyone (for the most part) got along well and worked well together only proves to me that Project Runway is, indeed, a TRUE REALITY SHOW. Of course it\’s edited down to show things in a certain way (how can it not be?), but it\’s pretty obvious that they didn\’t have to \”manufacture\” any drama between these contestants because they really were there to WORK and do the best job they could. That\’s why I love the show so much.

4. Tracy Tyler says:

OMGAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHRISTIAN WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are FEIRCE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved you from day one on the show!!!!! ROCK IT OUT !!!!!

—- SMOOCH
    Tracy

5. Geostud says:

You so deserved to win, Christian!!! Your collection was totally FEROSH… You\’re my hero!!! Even Beckham loves you!

Geo

6. hyperprone says:

You better work it out, damnit! I plan on investigating your thoughts..we need a goddamn mens line! Love you and everything about you!

Love and rockets, Hyperprone!

7. J says:

that\’s awesome!

the problem is in canada project runway still has a few more weeks to go before we would have found out, so there goes the suspense for me. oh well! i will totally still watch to see what exciting events occur!

8. Jonathan says:

Oh my god, our little boy did it. Hes collection was fucking amazing I almost busted a nut. I knew he was going to win from the beginning.

I can\’t wait for him to come back on the feast of fools.

9. Henry says:

it was featherific!!

Congratulations! I was blown away by your collection. You got some skills! Looking forward to seeing more in the future…

10. Flmustang says:

I was at loss for words. I am very happy for you Christian ! That had to be the most incredible line that I have seen come off that show and Ive seen every season. I wish you the best sexy. I hope you have a mens collection !……love ya!

11. Chuckles says:

I don\’t care if the judges thought it was monotonous, it was sooo fierce!! Every look I could just see the power, the emotion, and the drama. The hats were off the hook and that last dress, OMG!! I hope Christian becomes the next Gucci or D&G. There was so much good stuff in that collection, there was no way they\’d let him go! As for the other two: I enjoyed Rami\’s weaving and gown, I perked on Jillians coats, but overall I was completely underwhelmed like I had seen this stuff before. YAY CHRISTIAN!!

12. I Pooted! says:

Yea, Christian I knew you were going to win.

13. gabe says:

congrats! and awesome seeing posh and christian interact…they should have a show together!

14. BrettC says:

Well, speaking of drama. The fact that Christian won is amazing… this year many people criticized the producers for bringing on Rami who is an established designer with people who work for him in his boutique shop in LA. Now Chloe Dao had this same situation here in Houston as well, and she did win her season. So all bets were on that draping fiend Rami. Also Jillian worked for Ralph Lauren, and she\’s established as well. But Christian turned it! His collection was head and shoulders above everyone in vision and execution.

I wonder if his line will include prom dresses… (insert evil laughter)

15. SAL-E says:

I was so upset that this was a repeat show!
    I thought that he was going to be on again?
    Like giving us a new show?????
    Oh, well I guess people can catch up on this one so that they can understand the next one?
    Other then that…………………………I am so glad he won.
    I was Living for the fitted jackets the ruffels and feathers……………………. and the judges were saying that there was too much black????????? I loved the whole collection.
    and Posh Spice liked it too.
    Love ya
    -SAL-E

16. Wesley says:

Wonderful work. Live it up, Christian!

17. I LOVE HIM!!!! and I am sooo glad he won! I also like what he had to say, \”love me or hate me—I AM ON TV!!!\” I wonder if the people he dished on the Feast of Fools podcast jumped down his throat?!!!!!!!

OX, R-

ps. ask him if he has ever made a gown for a drag diva….I want to be the first!