FOF #1216 – Cassandra Peterson on Elvira, All About Evil

Jul 8, 2010 · 154863 views

Everybody loves Cassandra Peterson’s alter-ego Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.

Cassandra began her career as Las Vegas showgirl and later went on to being a horror movie hostess. As Elvira she is a Halloween icon and sex symbol for all things campy and spooky.

The “gal in the wig whose talents are big” takes a surprising new turn in Joshua Grannell’s directorial debut film “All About Evil” by playing a mommy, not a mummy.

Listen as we talk in-depth with the brilliant Cassandra Peterson about taking off her character for the directing drag queen Peaches Christ, the origins of her beloved character Elvira and her thoughts on the movie “Showgirls.”

Cassandra announces Elvira is also coming back big time this fall with the return of her fabulous TV show “Elvira’s Movie Macabre.”

Plus-
Did you know she dated Elvis Presley as a Showgirl in Las Vegas?

The Eastern origins of Elvira’s unsual eye makeup.

Discover the final resting place of her famous red victorian couch. Believe it or not, it’s not in the Smithsonian!

And questions from you! Don’t miss this show, it’s scary good.

Elvira’s Gravest Hits – Elvira: iTunes

RSS FEED | SUBSCRIBE ON iTUNES

Comments

1. Beatriz says:

OMG. I just can’t believe you interviewed Elvira!

2. Saulo says:

OMG thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I love Elvira and I just wanted to say thank you for all the laughs (and many fantasies of mine) through the years. I’m so excited that you’re coming back to TV. Can’t wait until you get here to Chicago Cassandra!

3. Michael says:

Loved, loved, LOVED that you guys interviewed Elvira, er, I mean Cassandra! So great to hear her and get her take on things. She sounds like she would be a lot of fun to party with!

4. Brian says:

I can’t wait to see All About Evil! Wish I lived in L.A.

THank you guys so much for this show, it was amazing! I wish Cassandra was my mom.

5. RcktMan says:

LOVED this interview!!! I loved watching Movie Macabre as a teen. Elvira’s vampy, campy introductions and comments were always so much fun. Cassandra looks GREAT!

I could tell you guys loved doing this interview. You sounded so excited! I would have been, too.

For those of you who can’t wait for Movie Macabre to return, I noticed that a few full episodes are available on YouTube, with the full movies included! http://www.youtube.com/show?p=kM6Ke4zbR6A&s=1

Great job guys!!! :)

6. MoocherX says:

I don’t think Elvira is very well known in the UK, but I really enjoyed this interview. What a great character she is. And well done guys on the usual top standard of questioning and a fun show.

7. Enrique says:

Love Elvira Mistress of the Dark!

8. Cliff Dix says:

WOW! What fun! I am so happy to hear Cassandra is brining Elvira back to TV. I remember her hosting a few Halloween shows for MTV back in the 80s and she was so hilarious. One segment was called “Elvira’s Halloween Tips” She comes out turns around and the camera zooms in on her boobs. She says, “Here they are.” Then a voice of camera says “No. Halloween TIPS.” I still am laughing at that one. Fausto and Marc you guys deserve kudos for another fun interview. So much fun!

Here’s the Facebook invite to the Chicago premier on Aug 14

And the Milwaukee premier on Aug 13

10. Derek says:

Awesome! Looking forward to the premier of All About Evil even more now that I know Cassandra Peterson is going to be in it.

11. Joe Benson says:

I hope this movie comes to Portland. What a great interview, a fascinating lady. I can’t wait to see this movie. Did anyone notice the shout out to Elvira and Casandra on the latest episode of Psych? When Gus ask the other guy why he is friends with Elvira on FB he replies “her name is Casandra Peterson”. I don’t think it had anything really to do with the plot but thought it was interesting since I had just listened to the interview

12. GloGlover says:

Great interview

13. SaintBroken says:

Amazing, Cassandra Peterson deserves a holiday in her honor. Can we just call Halloween “National Elvira Day”?

14. Satellite Steve Johnson says:

Cassandra,

Hiya! Wanna trade birthdays? Mines on 15. I don’t do cable here. Had your west coast shows when runnin nighttime. All that’s happening here is QVC down the block. Nice neighborhood tho~
    It really would be a pleasure running into you. And yeah I know this is the time of year for “in-costume”.
    Seriously, I’ll bookmark here and type at you again. You are so pretty out of character. And I’d never get out of here alive if I didn’t say Elvira turns on guys like mad! TV…mucic…all the same.
    I’m here on the right coast. Feel free to drop in. I know most Philly station people if you want to do promo. I hope you come here for something different. Hmmmmmmm! Steve’s not telling how that plays out. !!! I gotta go kiddo. Luv & hugs, Steve*