FOF #1228 – Hello Carol Channing

Aug 2, 2010 · 112971 views

For over five decades, Carol Channing has delighted audiences with her bubbly personality and unique voice to become one of the most beloved entertainers of all time.

Today we’re delighted to talk to Carol Channing about arts education, why everyone loves to imitate her, especially drag queens, the Carol Channing Ventriloquist doll, and which President had her on his enemies list.

1. Michael says:

Loved loved LOVED listening to you chat with Carol, what an amazing woman.

2. SaintBroken says:

“It’s impossible to say no to Carol Channing, hence that’s why you and Harry got married.” LOL Love this woman!

3. David says:

LOVE HER!!! —–> If somebody loves you that’s not something to be laughed at. <— By the way, I had NO idea that Carol Channing in her youth was such a tall woman!

4. Adriana says:

Love this so much, so profound, so beautiful! Carol you are pure joy. the brightest star in our universe.

5. cavalos659 says:

I met miss channing last night she and her husband are wonderful people.

6. charlesver33 says:

Here is Carol on the View just days ago– Love you guys and I love this podcast!!! When are you guys gonna be on the View?

Check out this video— Carol’s right, the arts develop our children’s minds. It develops everyone’s mind. It’s all about QUALITY OF LIFE!

It’s as necessary as any other subject, in fact, some students that don’t respond well to other subjects can sometimes be brought around through art, music, poetry and other art related subjects.

7. The interview is also available on Youtube in case you want to post it directly on your own blog.

8. Rick A says:

I LOVED the interview guys!!!! Carol is so quirky and hilarious… and she still has an amazingly sharp wit. I hope we can all be as driven and dedicated when and if we reach her age. She’s an inspiration!

I also love her dedication to the arts in schools– something I completely agree with. As a graduate of a high school that had (and still has) a strong arts program, I know what a difference having arts programs can make in a student’s development. I hope Carol and everyone working with her on this program are successful in changing people’s minds.

Carol… we LOVE YOU!

9. John Q Sanchez says:

Great interview. You guys plus Carol & Harry make a good team!

10. Cliff Dix says:

Awesome! Carol Channing is Awesome! Marc and Fausto are Awesome! What a great woman and a great interview. You guys keep outdoing yourselves.

11. webby686 says:

what a wonderful person. she is so passionate about the arts in schools! and her gays.

12. People like Carol Channing make me look forward to getting older. Remember guys, she was 46 years old in “Thoroughly Modern Millie” and has been working in entertainment for decades, long after most people quit. Talking to people like her makes me realize that growing older is nothing to be afraid of, and something to look forward to as you gain knowledge, experience and perspective.

13. Andy says:

Great interview! She is really a nice, open-minded and intelligent lady. :)

14. Watusicat says:

Between Carol Channing and Carole Cook it is easy to conclude they just don’t make em like that nowadays. I love a great “broad”.

15. Xavi says:

i expected to laugh through this but did not expect to cry. what a beautiful response to your question about aids and broadway. amazing interview!

16. andy windy says:

Great podcast. I laugh so hard when Fausto was trying to comment on Carol Channing “do me”. I don’t know if she was trying to ignore it lol

17. larry jackson says:

loved it! All of you got me through my workout!