FOF #1320 – Making Love out of Nothing at All

Jan 31, 2011 · 39609 views

Our gal pal Tracy Tyler has 80s pop music flowing through her veins, and she can easily imitate the song stylings of Styx, Culture Club and her favorite Air Supply.

Join us today as we take a look at Lady Gaga’s new song lyrics for “I Was Born This Way”- so far, nobody knows what the melody is like, so why not marry it with Air Supply?

1. seawall says:

Tracy? Please start an all-girl Styx cover band. And call it Chyx. I will love you forever.

Regarding boys raised as girls in Polynesian cultures, this clip from NZ television discusses the Samoan tradition known as fa’afafine (generally pronounced fah-fah-FEE-neh). The opening sequence is a bit cheeky, but the ensuing interview is good, and the interviewee is just lovely!

2. Tony C says:

Can you post a link to that New York Times article you were talking about?

3. J Seth Anderson says:

Hooray!!!! I won the Showgirls contest!!!! Wooooooooooooo!!

4. Jackie Jaeger says:

Tracy- I partied with the band once (circa ’82?) at what is now the Radisson Star in Merrillville Indiana. My cousin Gayle worked at the theater and always partied with the bands. I headed over after my shift at the adjacent Denny’s and we drank and danced on the “Saturday Night Fever” dance floor. I can remember being in my polyester Denny’s uniform. I was about 19-20 at the time, and under aged. No dirt to share. They were nice and we all had fun 😀

5. Martha says:

Great, now I have Air Supply stuck in my head!

6. Tracy says:

OMG Jackie!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m soooooooooooooo JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!! I soooooo LOVE Air Supply.

7. SarahH says:

Tracy is so much fun- like a roller coaster of laughs!

8. John says:

whoopee!!!!! Tracy Tyler!!! This has made my Saturday (I’m a bit behind listening this week) and going to listen right now!!!!

9. Barrett says:

That Russian terrorist story is just too much. Darkly hilarious.

I’d love to hear some more thoughts on why the transboys and transgirls don’t seem more united. Maybe it’s a false perception, but it’s something I feel like I’ve noticed too. I wonder if it might have something to do with trying to distances oneself from a gender identity (and sex) they felt was wrong for their body and then feel uncomfortable seeing someone else try to assume it for themselves?

10. brian says:

This episode was explosively fun! Tracy, you are a gem and you look spectacular! Guys, what a fun episode, my bf and I just laughed our heads off when you force-jukeboxified Tracy!