FOF #2030 – Tom Goss on Staying Motivated as An Artist

Aug 12, 2014 · 56811 views
Tom Goss photo: Fausto Fernós.

Tom Goss photo: Fausto Fernós.

The most important thing in life is the relationships we create with others. And one of the best ways to bring people into your life is to make awesome stuff and share it.

But it’s not always easy being a creative spirit in a challenging world.

Today Tom Goss joins us for a live music session and to talk about how to stay artistically motivated.

Listen as we talk about taking all the anger and frustration you have over other’s shortcomings and using it to fuel positive change in your own life.

Plus–

Tom Goss goes butt naked playing a villain in the new film “Out to Kill.”

In his film debut "Out to Kill," Tom Goss plays a detestable sex obsessed guy. He says all his nude scenes were filmed naked for real.

In his film debut “Out to Kill,” Tom Goss plays a detestable sex obsessed guy. He says all his nude scenes were filmed naked for real.

A new survey reveals a third of teens have no idea that HIV is a sexually transmitted disease and are more worried about being obese.

The Iranian government reports that 17% of Iranian students are gay.

Housekeepers who worked for Michael Jackson say he was a filthy demented drug addict.

Wait – Tom Goss

Tom Goss from the inside of his new CD "Wait." Photo courtesy of Tom Goss.

Tom Goss from the inside of his new CD “Wait.” Photo courtesy of Tom Goss.

Comments

1. Bryce says:

Tom Goss … you da man. Pills and Chalk is on my Writing Playlist. Such a phenom artist!

2. Tom Goss says:

Thanks Bryce, I really appreciate it.

• Bryce says:

You’re welcome!

Cousin Tom and Uncles Fausto and Marc: You three are my inspiration. You guys have put in so much work and your longevity proves that you are going about your respective fame and success the right way. It bothers me that people like Kim Kardashian have managed to reap heaps amount of fame off of doing absolutely nothing. What bothers me more is that my gay brethren are eating up all the scraps she’s throwing their way.

Tom I look forward to seeing your movie. I think it’s a bold step to take a step into another genre of art but at least you took the time to consider the pros and cons of doing such and how it would ultimately affect your hard-earned career.

This was another great episode. Always a pleasure hearing Tom sing. His voice sends shivers down my spine. And he’s right. When you listen to his music you have to actually listen. Today’s mainstream music does very little in regards to writing lyrics. I appreciate someone who puts thought into their craft.

Well thanks Fausto and Marc. I wish you as well continued success in the world of podcasting! You guys keep giving me reasons to come back. My iPod runneth over! XOXO

• Tom Goss says:

Wow Bryce, what kind words. It’s an honor to know that our hard work pays off in the ears of the listener. That’s what it’s all about.

Thank you!

• It’s a pleasure to do shows with Tom because year after year he just keeps getting better and better and growing as a musician. Seriously, some of his best work is on Wait.

3. RandyStrokes says:

As far as Bears being performed by a drag king, I have the perfect opportunity in early October.

4. Tom, I’m kicking myself that I decided to sit out of this past season singing with the Cincinnati Men’s Chorus. Hope you’ll be joining them again in song sometime so I’ll get another chance!

5. kl says:

Great podcast but hold up a minute. ARTPOP did not bomb. It has sold 2.5 million copies worldwide. A lot of people have been comparing her to Katy Perry, but her album PRISM has only sold 2.8 million ww. That is not a big difference. Word of advice don’t get your Lady Gaga news from Perezhilton.com

• Marc Felion says:

We may have let it slip this podcast but on many other podcasts we made just the same point.

• Bryce says:

Apparently the Monsters aren’t happy. Sigh. I thought ARTPOP was meh. Lady Gaga is not the end all be all. I don’t worship he like many of the gays around these parts. She’s talented but she should get back to her roots. I like her now that she raided Donna Summer’s yard sale and has put a little meat on that frame of hers. I want a disco album on her next venture.

6. Nice show! I am also enjoying watching Tom Goss videos on YouTube now!

7. Tom with a beard!!!! Singing with Fausto!!!