Pagan Coming Out Day is May 2! I wonder, is it easier to come out as pagan or as gay?
From the Pagan Coming Out Day website
The Benefits of Coming Out
• Eliminating the worry of what will happen if your ‘secret’ is discovered.
• Ability to live your life honestly.
• Developing closer, more genuine relationships with friends and family.
• Being part of a community with others with whom you have something in common.
• Helping to dispel myths and stereotypes by speaking about your own experience and educating others.
• Being a role model for others.
The Risks of Coming Out
• Not everyone will be understanding or accepting.
• Some relationships may be permanently changed.
• In extreme cases, coming out may cause economic hardship or could have a negative impact on child custody cases.
Seems very much alike.