FOF #813 – Market Days Preview

Aug 6, 2008 · 128585 views

It just might be the gayest event in the whole midwest. On today’s show Jason Heidemann, the Gay & Lesbian editor for Time Out Chicago talks about Northalsted Market Days, the largest and gayest street […]

Comments

1. Teddy says:

Glad to hear Jason on the show today! He’s a friend of mine and as hilarious in person as he was on the show! Great show though, i laughed a lot!

2. Dawson says:

Hey Jason, thanks for the Hell’s Fairies mention 🙂

Hope to see you all out this weekend!

3. Pete says:

is it market daze already? ah,yes…i can smell the funnel cakes, port-a-potties, and lube in the air already. I went out after the festival last year and halsted smelled like an open sewer. that being said, i’ll for sure be at “16 candles” on sunday. i can’t get enough of that 80s shit.

those gay-ass pylons are an insult to homos everywhere. gold-plated, life-size statues of cher, liza minelli, madonna, and judy garland would be less gay those oversized butt plugs.

good luck on the fundraising and have a blast out west. i love the “top five donors” box in the blog entry. it makes us $25 donors seem so important. PBS has nothing on you guys.

Pete, I’m going to have to get you to write some material for the show.

5. Matt says:

Fabulous show. I cant wait till I get to see the phallic statues in person. They remind me of fancy dildos. 🙂 Well yet another show of laughs and good times, I wish I could get up there for the street fair. Oh well, there is always next year. Great show ya’ll!
    Matty

6. I want to see pics of the Hells Faries!

7. Dawson says:

🙂 We have some photos here.

8. Erik R. Sosa says:

Ladies!!! I did what i could! Hope u guys have a drink on me! Love you!

9. RcktMan says:

What a great show! I’ve met Jason before as well – he’s a friend of a friend and we’ve hung out.. and I can vouch, he’s a funny guy and a lot of fun. And what a fun show this was– you guys are great together! I hope you have Jason back for more informative looks at what gay Chicago is all about (the city, not the publication).

I can’t wait for Market Days this year – they have a great musical lineup, which is a nice change… hell even the Chicago Gay Men’s Chorus is singing on Sunday… so check ’em out! (I won’t be singing this time though… 🙁 )

I’m sure I’ll run into Fausto and Marc somewhere along the line… hope to see some other listeners out and about!

10. Saulo says:

Hey guys!
    I got so excited about the Market Days…. It´s a shame I´m so far away… 🙁
    Lovely show today!
    kisses!

11. Trish Bendix says:

Oh boys I did not pick Spyners Pub, it was assigned to me! I just write what I’m told to. I blame Jason for the suggestion. Luckily he’s so lovable I won’t blame him for Fausto calling me out as fucking up on FOF!

12. Mark says:

Gents, thanks for the kind words about Big Jones yet again, you’re too kind!
    – mark

13. Mark Wilson says:

Friday 13th being unlucky is generally attributed to October 13 1307 which was the day the the pope and the king of France catured and executed the Knights Templar.