FOF #1181 – Woeful Tales of a Chocolate Whale

Apr 27, 2010 · 77585 views

“Is chocolate the meaning of life?” thought the fudge whale as he swam deeper into the chocolaty sea. Little did Fudgie know, that this would be his last journey into the rich, dark brown abyss.

Puppeteer and performance artist Marsian De Lellis joins us to talk about about “Fudgie’s Death” an excerpt from “Growing Up Linda,” a puppet play based on his fictitious take on the Carvel Ice Cream family.

Comments

1. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=109697912398336&ref=ts#

Table-top pop-up books are transformed into full-screen cinema in Haus of Marsian’s neo-noir tale of desperation and depravity surrounding the troubled life of an ice-cream heiress.

Friday, May 7th, 2010 at 8PM
    Saturday, May 8th, 2010 at 8PM
    Sunday May 9th, 2010 at 7PM

Links Hall
    3435 N. Sheffield Avenue, Suite 207
    Chicago, IL

Tickets $15 ($12 online) / $10 Students ($8 online)

“child-hood fantasy with a cult Rocky Horror edge; kooky voiceovers and a debt to celebrity-obsessed daytime television brought the fusion of trashy and glam to its peak” – Three Weeks

“colorful, elaborate, nightmarish” – The Scotsman

“a crazy hall of mirrors, flashing bits of a story from multiple angles” – Puppetry International

2. Carvel Ice Cream cake commercial for fathers day

3. Carvel cookie O’ Puss Commercial

4. Chickengirl says:

those commercials are a hoot..and a lil creepy.

5. You could punish people by giving them acid and making them watch those commercials. I wish I could go see that show! It sounds totally awesome, hopefully you will come to phoenix. As always, great show. Hope you come on in person when you get to Chicago!

• But would it really be a punishment, Dr. Toussaint? I performed ‘pump that pussy’ from “Bride Of Wildenstein” at Great Arizona Puppet Theater last September, maybe I will come back soon. I would love to come back to perform Fugie’s Death sometime.. keep an eye out for me.

6. Peter Snead says:

I love when Marsian is on! Another great show…you guys are hilarious.

7. Andy says:

Hilarious show! Marsian should be on the show more often. 🙂

About Lady Gaga. If you are tired of something or dislike something doesn’t mean you hate it. I think the words “love” or “hate” are used in such an inflationary way nowadays that they slowly loose their meaning and power.

8. apollo blanc says:

you guys talking about masking reminds me of Tracy Taylor. aww i miss her, she was one of my favorite regular guests.

• Awww. You know, Apollo, you can make your own DIY mask yourself at home. All you need is a picture of a face (try a newspaper) and some scissors (or bare hands). Rip the page out of the paper and then cut holes for your eyes and mouth. And WHOLA! You can go masking on a dime! Fausto and Marc and I tried this one out on man roulette the other day..

9. Brad says:

Marsian has to be one of my favorite guests you have on the show. I laugh out loud for the full hour. Look forward to the next time he “stops by” as a guest!

10. brian says:

Marsian is one of my all time favorite guests. Non stop hilarity. Marsian, husband and I LOVE you!!!! Also, we’re big Carvel fans as we grew up with the ice cream shops and a fresh cake for every birthday. There’s still a store open a block away from where he grew up. If you’ve never been to a Carvel shop, the smell is intoxicating!!!!

• Thanks Brian, you are one of my all time favorite listeners… Do they even sell Cookie Pus now-a-days? It would make me (and I’m sure Fausto and Marc) Real happy if you and your hubby made a cake sitting video with a Carvel Cake the next time you get one.

11. brian says:

I think the voice of Cookiepuss is Cyndi Lauper on helium…or not on helium. At the very least, he’s a Long Islander…

12. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=126119617399998