Do the Panda Dance

Oct 27, 2008 · 95759 views

Panda, panda, don’t you wanna, wanna panda? We decided to dress up as pandas for Halloween. Our video is in tribute to “Annoying Asians” where two Korean guys who captured our hearts and minds when […]

Comments

1. Jonzu says:

Love it! We’re going to have nice Panda dreams tonight! Nighty-night!

2. RcktMan says:

Oh my God… you guys are seriously insane. I love it!

3. Marc moves almost like a geisha-it seems like he’s really trying to stick to the choreography.
    When can you guys make yourselves pocket-sized so your fans can carry you around with them all day?

4. Christian83 says:

Great! I am sure you will get all the Asian tourist’s attention at the parade.

5. Michael says:

OMFG – Seriously!!!!

6. Jamie says:

I will never be the same again…

You have captured the post-Nixon tension with China perfectly! The undertones of the current world economic crisis and China’s thirst for oil was also touched upon. Fausto, you even worked-in the darker side of the totalitarian societies worker’s plight, pounding the freedom fighter into submission! Bravo!

Oh wait, they were 眉ber cute outfits too!

7. Michael says:

@Jamie – Wow, you really thought about that didn’t you? LOL!! I love your interpretation of it….

8. Tracy Tyler says:

Michael still moves like a gogo boy even in a Panda suit 馃槢 hehehehe seriously … you’ve all finally have lost your marbles !!!! LOL

9. Donnie Dee says:

two thumbs up guys, not only for the costumes and fabulous make-up, but that routine is just to die for. (now I gotta go watch it again with Jamie’s cliff notes)

Can’t wait to see the street videos.

10. Megan says:

I love you guys 馃檪

one question:

where did you obtain the panda suits?

馃榾

11. Megan says:

Oooooooooh
    coolio 馃檪

darn it..
    do you have a pattern?

I used McCall’s costume pattern PM262. ‘m sure you could use any Bear costume pattern though. I modified the bear costume by inserting a white panel in the middle to amke it look Panda like.

13. Megan says:

Genius!

they look fairly easy to make, no?

Fairly easy but time consuming as you have to insert four panels for the white. A regular bear would be much easier.

15. Megan says:

four panels sounds scary, what about just a heavier fabric?

I guess I’m not making myself clear- the white belly part is a panel I inserted into the pattern and that took time. So, I had to insert four panels total: one for the front left, one for the front right, one for the back left and one for the back front.

If it weren’t for that step, it would go by very fast.

17. Megan says:

Ooooh, I get it now 馃檪
    yeah, definitely time consuming

I’m working on my joker costume, I’m making my own jacket, vest, and skirt 馃檪

but as soon as i can i’m getting my butt down to the nearest fabric store n making my own panda costume 馃槢
    thankies for the info 馃檪

18. Rhea says:

I love the shameless panda-ering to the Asian audience. Go panda bear, go! 馃檪

19. Marty Mouse says:

OMG you guys are so adorable!!! And Marc, you are a man of many talents. I did not know you can sew. Did you do all three of them? Is it hot in the costume? And how did you get the ears to stand up? Love the dance number. 馃檪

Fausto helped with the costumes when I had some technical difficulties. The ears were pretty easy- I just made something like a round oven mitt and turned it inside out to expose the fur. I sewed it into the head at a seam and it holds up OK.

The costumes are indeed hot and we had the windows open to keep cool. It is cold here on Halloween so we’ll be OK outside but in the bars, it could be rough.

Here’s the pattern I used: I followed the bear costume, but put white where it out to be for the panda

Pattern for the Panda Costume

I also cook, clean and make love like a stallion!

21. CharlesVer23 says:

Amaaaaaazzing! I thought panda’s were a little slow, these are lean mean dancing machines!

22. GusGus says:

Marc, you are very talented. Those costumes look great!! Hope you guys have fun over there.