VIDEO: ”Disciples” Documentary About Gay Mormons

Dec 14, 2010 · 84640 views

Disciples from Jordan Currier on Vimeo. Hey Feast of Fun listeners! I was on the podcast last January when I was in Chicago and had a great time. I talked about growing up as a […]

Comments

1. andy windy says:

Thank you for sharing these stories. I can relates to these stories a lot born in the culture that i was in. It empowers me to see people that encounter more hardship than me and ended up with a happy lives.
    P/s: are all Mormon guys this cute?

2. David Lee says:

I can relate to this video because I grew up in a Korean religious, conservative family. I grew up w/ Protestant, Catholic and Jehovah’s Witness influences. My father & my step mother are protestant & my grandmother is Jehovah’s Witness. I went through 5 years of Catholic school, 1 year in co-ed parochial & 4 years in all boys college prep. Thank you for sharing this. It’s really inspirational to see gay Mormons or ex-Mormons adjusting just fine.

3. Andy says:

Thanks for sharing it here, J. Seth Anderson. It was interesting to get to know more about Mormons from a gay perspective. In Europe we usually hear very little about Mormons. By the way the blond Mormon guy is hot. ^^ Glad you, he and the other guy came out. It would have been a loss if you had not.

Personally I never had to deal much with religion and the church. I already left the Catholic church just like my brothers, particular as you have to pay church tax in Germany if you are a member of the church. Why I should pay for such a crappy organization? According to a poll of 2005 only 52% of Europeans still believe in god, they rather believe in a spirit or life force.

I can only suggest, leave every organization and institution which tries to limit your rights and life style. It may not always be easy but it pays off at the end.

4. Heath Bruce says:

Thanks so much for sharing this with us, J. Seth. I’m glad that your parents are now so accepting of you and continue to be a part of your life. Please continue to advocate against discrimination and continue to preach the message that love is never a sin.

5. mododavid says:

Isn’t Mormanism like “Scientology Classic.”

6. Jordan Currier says:

We deeply appreciate everyone’s support of our little film. We truly hope that it can reach people who feel they don’t have a voice, and we hope that they’ll realize that no belief system is valid if it encourages you to suppress your identity. Doing so only leads to pain, self-loathing, and worse, suicide. Matt, Kent and Seth in our video all explain very eloquently and bravely that standing up for yourself and coming-out is necessary for true lasting happiness. Peace to all. And please, feel free to re-post this and forward it along! Truth is viral!