FOF #1232 – Gagapalooza

Aug 10, 2010 · 24082 views

All hail our supreme commander- Lady Gaga! This weekend Lady Gaga invaded Chicago and like Queen Amidala in Star Wars, she came with many drag queen look alikes who were spotted throughout the city. From downtown to Boystown- we all have Gaga fever.

Wearing nothing more than panties and pasties, the Great Costumed One surprised concertgoers at Lollapalooza when she came out early to boost the career of queer rocker Justin Tranter and his band, Semi Precious Weapons.

The half-naked singer gave the openly gay rocker the kiss of success as she rolled tongues with him while surfing the crowd.

Joining us today is Curtis Jensen as we dish up the good, the ugly and the fabulous, from hunks, to skunks and drunks and the mad mayhem at Steamworks’ Twisted Twister booth at the gay Northalsted Market Days Festival.

And the hot news:

A real life murder straight out of the Twighlight Zone.

Tea Partiers adopt an Anti-Scientology slogan.

Why do so many bloggers hate Justin Beiber?

Sen. McCain looks to marriage equality as an issue in the next presidential election.

and strippers in Ohio fight back against the church by having a weenie roast on their doorstep.

Semi Precious Weapons – You Love You: iTunes

RSS FEED | SUBSCRIBE ON iTUNES

Comments

1. 300fromRyan says:

The great costumed one really burned the place down! Wrote a little more on the personal level her performance reached & included videos for those who weren’t able to see it live. If interested, it’s posted after the show in the fresh section:

2. Benjie says:

The drag queen from vancouver is named Carlotta Gurl! She’s one of the craziest drag queens in vancouver, and one of my favourite people. I’ve known her for a few years… and I’ve seen her do everything from classy, ball gown drag, to extreeeeeme performance art. I adore her.

3. Barrett says:

Don’t always love the Gaga coverage, but loved what Fausto was saying about body image. I think a lot of people needed to hear that. (Especially if they went to Market Days this weekend.) Major kudos for spreading that kind of positivity!

4. Andy says:

Sorry, I cannot deny I felt a little Schadenfreude watching Justin Bieber’s video. He is just so damn annoying. He should not be on the stage but rather at home playing with Lego.

I agree with Curtis, one should always support local businesses. It is also more fun to buy at different small, local stores than to go to one large, gigantic store. Further it is often cheaper.

5. Joe Benson says:

Curtis Jensens random reference to that Chumbawumba song made me happy in my heart. Although I was surprised at myself for knowing what everyone was referring to so fast.

6. charlesver33 says:

Kind of wish I had bought tickets to come to Chicago and see you guys and Lady Gaga. SIGH.