FOF #1952 – The New Adventures of Courtney Act

Mar 13, 2014 · 147823 views
Courtney Act real life is an assortment of sexual experiences and identities. Photo: Magnus Hastings

Australians love their drag queens. From the land Down Under come a lot of great drag queen sensations, like the movie Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Dame Edna and Sydney’s Mardi Gras, considered one of the world’s largest Pride Parades.

Today we’re thrilled to have in the home studio Australia’s favorite drag queen Courtney Act.

As Shane Jenek, Courtney Act was a semifinalist on the first season of Australian Idol, and since then has made a name for herself in Australian pop music.

An extremely likable drag queen who gushes sex appeal, Courtney Act is rumored to be one of the top three finalists on this season of RuPaul’s Drag Race. Will Courtney be America’s Next Drag Superstar?

Nobody's exactly sure just what happened, but they all had a good time. Photo: Magnus Hastings

Nobody’s exactly sure just what happened, but they all had a good time. Photo: Magnus Hastings

Listen as we talk with Courtney about her wildly diverse sex life, her pragmatic approach to gender expression and which queens from the show really got on her nerves.

All out of drag: Marc Felion, Shane Jenek (Courtney Act) and Fausto Fernós. In the mirror, Courtney's sexy assistant Moses. Photo: Fausto Fernós.

All out of drag: Marc Felion, Shane Jenek (Courtney Act) and Fausto Fernós. In the mirror, Courtney’s sexy assistant Moses. Photo: Fausto Fernós.

Plus–

An exclusive! Courtney talks about her friendship with Paris Hilton, and what Paris said when she saw her own sex tape. What was her real reaction?

Paris Hilton and Courtney Act wearing the same Marco Marco outfit.

Paris Hilton and Courtney Act wearing the same Marco Marco outfit.

Singing Lady Gaga’s own music for Lady Gaga’s small birthday party.

What Sharon Needle's life would be like if she hadn't tweeted "Lady Gaga who?"

What Sharon Needle’s life would be like if she hadn’t tweeted “Lady Gaga who?”

And all your questions! You don’t want to miss this show.

Comments

1. colaboy29 says:

Great interview with Courtney. I wish I could watch this season of RPDR but I don’t get Logo with my cable package and whenever I go to the Logo site to watch it, I get a few seconds of the show then a white screen every time. Very frustrating as it’s one of the few reality programs I watch.

2. Fernos, it is pronounced “Moe-BEEL”….if you are going to take a shit on the place, could you at least be kind enough to say it correctly? Listeners have a pretty clear idea that you look down your nose at The South, but could you at least say our place names right?

3. jimmyV says:

Great interview, just wanted to let you know that I’m converted I like Drag Race. All though I’m more then annoyed with the Logo APP for iOS they locked all episodes but the current one behind a pay-wall. I don’t want to DVR it because my cable provider doesn’t present LOGO in HD these girls deserve to be glamorize in HD . I have Logo as a part of my cable package and should be able to login but my provider isn’t listed at log in. So I brought it on I-tunes, the season pass was almost as much as three mouths of Feast of Fun do you think $34.99 is outrageous considering they only pay the girls union Scale?

Feast of fun is twice the fun at half the price.

4. jimmyV says:

The problem is I pay ove $225 a month for cable plus internet ? I pay for logo a a part of my cable package and can’t airplay Drag Race to my Apple TV in Hd. I can’t login to the app, my cable provider isn’t on the list. The app is designed properly, should I pay for it again on iTunes? I did but don’t feel ok with it.

I just looked, 87% percent of Americans subsribe to cable I would love to pay only you and Netflix but at this point I love “Looking” on HBO. Let’s face it cable is dying a slow slow death, maybe not as fast as you would like.

Do you remember when Public access television was the podcasting of Cable? MTV was king and eventually the market closed and MTV killed the local access star. Last week Duck Dynasty had 4.2 million viewers competed to Drag Race with 325,000. Queer as folk at twice the audience in 2005 at 2.5 million for it final season.

Feast of fun had a lager audience when it focused on shows with a larger audience like What not to Wear and Queer Eye. where did the gay audience move to?

5. alextyrian says:

As a 22-year-old, Lindy Chamberlain’s story reminds me so much of what the American public was trying to do to JonBenét Ramsey’s parents.

This interview covered so much ground. I’ll have to listen to it a few more times! Great work, guys.

6. agrimi01 says:

Loved this interview. Courtney is my fav on Drag Race. Great talk, stories and fun. Time seemed to speed away. Hope she is able to come back for a future show. Hugs to my two stud-ly hunties, Fausto and Marc.

Jim = Minneapolis, MN

7. Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! OI! OI! OI!
    Thanks for a great interview with Courtney Act.
    I don’t follow RuPaul’s Drag Race other than who comes on your show. Thank you for introducing me to all these wonderful colourful characters.
    I remember Courtney Act ‘coming out’ in Australian Idol but I didn’t watch it either. (Can you tell I don’t watch the telly?)
    I do remember reading about her in all the gay magazines back then and thinking what an awesome person she is and how brave she is to put herself out there on Australian television. She was an amazing representative of the gay community.
    I hadn’t heard about her again for years until you mentioned her on your podcast in the last couple of months as she was coming on Drag Race.
    It’s good to hear that she is still around and doing so well for herself.
    I’ve never heard an interview with her, but now I am truly a fan. If she makes her way to Brisbane’s theatre scene, I’ll be there to see her.
    Thank you again for another great show and for reintroducing me to such an amazing individual. xoxox

8. Nikki Moreno says:

I LOVE Courtney Act, now THAT is a Drag Super Star!!! Great interview fellas!